Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Apologies and Schedule

A short explanation of why I haven't been posting regularly here:

I had originally thought that I would just blog my novel for National Novel Writing Month directly onto this site. Things went great for two days. I was feeling good about what I had to say. On the third day, I realized that people who star in my little dramatic life might possibly get upset at me recreating their most horrible moments and posting them for the world to see. Also, I had started to write the banal stuff that usually makes up most first drafts. So, I have decided to wait to post here until I have finished the entire first draft, when I will go through and change names, fictionalize certain details, and just generally attempt to excise the worst of the bad dialogue, and then, I promise, I will post again. Please keep checking back here, it shouldn't be too long.

Rest assured, however, that what I have so far is over a hundred pages of dramatic, gossipy relationship crap that, brutal at the time, has morphed into what I hope will be a funny version of the life of my marriage. Please note that my ex was not available for comment, as I have not attempted to run any of this by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home